A Little History
Ilda Sandford was an islander for many years married to Moe Sandford. She was a very social women and a great friend to many here on Snake Island. Ilda started this tournament and we have continued it in her name postumously.
Stats have been kept over the years and we usually have a copy of the stats available at the tournament, so you can see who has played and won in the past.
If you have any questions or would like to pre-register (without payment - please pay on the day of at the registration table) please send an email to Natalie Sandford indicating your name and the names of others intending to play.
You can download a copy of the rules here.
Annual "Ilda Cup" Progressive Euchre Tournament
Date: Not being Held in 2021
- Registration: 12:30pm (Sharp)!
- Location: Lot 65 (Sandford Cottage - a.k.a. "regatta site")
- Fee: $5.00
Rules & Etiquette
All islanders (and repeat guests) are welcome, however we do ask the following:
- Please leave pets and children at home
- That you know how to play euchre - as there is money to be won - to make it fair to all participants.
- This is a friendly tournament with very little money at stake. So, please play honestly and respectfully of others taking care to be courteous to those who may be less experienced than you.
- If the first prize winner is a non-islander, the trophy stays on the island, but you do get to keep the money!