Updates are provided to SICA members through email, if you have not been receiving email updates please use the “Contact Us” link on the top menu and request that you be added to our distribution list. These updates have also been posted in the SICA section of the website, for registered SICA members.
Benefits of SICA membership
- Ongoing and future negotiations and communications with the band.
- It is crucial that Islanders maintain a good relationship with the band to ensure open communications, information sharing and common understanding of the band’s stewardship initiatives on Snake Island. SICA is one way that we can ensure ongoing good relations and open communication.
- Website Hosting, Development & Maintenance
- Maintaining and updating the snake island website – snakeisland.ca and access to “Members Only” content of snakeisland.ca including news, Regatta results, pictures, newsletters, meeting agendas and minutes, the SICA constitution, archives and more!
- Liability insurance for regatta & public docks
- Without insurance we would not be able to hold Regatta each year or lease the Sheppard’s Wharf Dock
- Organization and funding of Events, such as:
- Mosquito control
- larvacide to protect from mosquitoes and associated diseases they carry
- Past events have included CPR and fire safety course
- Leasing the Sheppard’s Wharf Dock
- a.k.a. ‘Government’ dock on the mainland(between Island Grove Marina and East Point Dock) to ensure current and future access to the island.
- This dock is used as a place where people without their own slips can briefly park their boats at the mainland, while they head into town for groceries, etc.
- Note: No overnight parking is permitted without permission and there is a maximum of 3 nights (with permission) per season.
- Environmental protection donations to and participation with environmental groups such as
- Paid members also have a chance to win a Door prize (approximate value $250) at every Regatta
Please be sure to drop by the membership table at the Regatta (to update your contact info and) pay your dues so we can continue to make Snake Island a fun, safe, clean and happy place for all our current and future cottagers. Questions? Send us a message.